Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 2: How Much Have You Changed Overall in 2011?

Day 2:  How much have you changed overall in 2011?  

Hmm, interesting question and when I answer this it may sound quite contradictory.  In many ways I have grown more patient.  Raising a 1 year old daughter and also working in a school building with nearly 500 kids in grades K-4 will do that to you though, I guess.  I like the calmer, less hot-headed side of me.  On the flip side, I also think that I am less willing to put up with people’s bullshit.  I don’t beat around the bush-if there is something that I would like to get an answer to I will go to that person or those people and ask.  If you are going against something in writing or something that you previously said to me, I will fight you until the final outcome of that decision.  I also think that I have grown less naïve.  I have learned that even though you may have been working for some place or someone for quite a long time it doesn’t mean that they are going to save your ass when you are in a bad position.  Basically, loyalty and providing good service means squat.  I would never have thought that way before this year.  I am also really enjoying spending time with my family.  We had a really small but nice Thanksgiving dinner/celebration and I am sure that Christmas will be largely the same.  I am looking forward to that in a few short weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment