Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"Tree"son Part Deux (AKA I'm Tired of These Damn Trees)

I originally posted about my wonderful overgrown maple trees at the end of February.  At that time, we had one company (the Cadillac of tree companies) that had come out to our house, taken a look, and quoted us a $3200 fee to remove said trees.  Since then, we have had two (three?) other estimates, a second of $3200 and another of $1700.  I received a call yesterday from another tree removal business that I had initially contacted around the end of February/beginning of March and the woman asked if we had received our estimate and if we were going to have our trees removed by their company or not.  When I got home I asked my husband if he had ever seen an estimate from this particular company (neither of us had ever seen an estimate).  I figure if they left it in our front door or maybe in our mailbox that it blew away.  I did call that particular company back today and the same woman I had spoken with yesterday said that the arborist had come out on March 7 and had left an estimate.  I told this woman that we had never received an estimate, and she told me that she could e-mail it to me before the end of today.  We'll see if it gets here. 
I also called two other places that were recommended to us by one of my husband's co-workers and the other by our babysitter-we'll see what type of estimates these people come up with. 
I am about to make like a tree and "leaf" (ha ha).  Right now keeping our money in our pocket and letting the damn trees stay up sounds wonderful to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment