Thursday, March 24, 2011

Some Songs I'd be Happy to Never Hear Again...and Why

1.  "The Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground
Way, way overplayed.  Done and over this one.

2.  "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard
Nasty strip club song; makes me think of nekkid women dancing on poles. 

3.  "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder
This one has a personal dislike attached to it...when my (now) ex-husband was cheating on me, we heard this song on the radio and he made a comment about how he really liked it.  A month or so later, he was at our house and his phone started ringing and that was the ring tone that he had for Cupcake.  Hmm...wonder why he liked that song so much.  I literally had to turn that song off every time it came on the radio because it was painful for me to hear.  Difficult in the fall/winter of 2006 when it was popular.  I still don't really like to hear it because of all the negative things associated with it.

4.  "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot
See reason #1.

5.  "I Am Mine" by Pearl Jam
"I'm so cool, I work out to this song.  It pumps me up."  No further comment.

6.  "Lose Yourself" by Eminem
See reason #6.

7.  "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls
This song was popular in the summer of 1998 when my 12 year old cousin got killed by an errant firework shell at a fireworks show.  This song just reminds me of that time because it was on the radio CONSTANTLY that summer.

Those are the only ones that were in my head for now, but I am sure there are more.  I can always go back and add to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment